Saturday, May 23, 2015

2 Ingredient Banana Pancakes

I love a great food hack!  Anytime I can find a way to make a recipe more healthy I am all for that.

I had seen these 2 ingredient pancakes on Pinterest for some time and never really had the desire to make them until today.  My hubby and I are watching what we eat and I thought this would be a great way to feel like we were having a hearty breakfast without all of the extra calories.

I looked through some of the millions of recipes for 2 ingredient banana pancakes on Pinterest and finally settled on this one from the Living Sweet Moments blog.

I gathered all of my ingredients (which didn't take long!) and set out to make the pancakes.

The recipe is so simple:

2 eggs
1 banana

I decided to double it so that I could make these and freeze them for Brandon to eat during the week for breakfast before camp this summer.


Peel the bananas and place them in a bowl and mash them with a fork.


e
Add the eggs and mix well.

Drop them onto a hot griddle or frying pan on medium heat.

Flip when they start to bubble on the top.


It turns out that while these 2 ingredient pancakes seem like a great idea, we were just not impressed. The texture is strange and they are more like a soggy crepe than anything else. 

I would say that this recipe was not a success.  

Let me know your thoughts.  Have you made these pancakes?  Did you do anything differently?

Until next time,
Janine

No comments:

Post a Comment